MIT ME: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH GOSPEL MUSIC DIVA 'JOI MOR' | @JOIMOR - Pricherman116.com | Nigerian / Foreign Gospel Songs | Christian Hip Hop | News | Interviews | Events

Search For Gospel Music | Lyrics | Events | News...

HOT POSTS

Post Top Ad


December 14, 2015

MIT ME: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH GOSPEL MUSIC DIVA 'JOI MOR' | @JOIMOR



Good Morning and welcome to 'Mit Me'; Pricherman116 Blog's Exclusive Interview session. May we meet you ma?

My name is Joy Anwuli Nmor I'm from Ndokwa West LGA in Delta state. A graduate of Economics and a singer.

Wow. Our last guest on 'Mit Me' is also a native of Delta state. We have Delta back to back . Lovely people. It obvious your stage name is from your full name. But How was it crafted out?

Y was changed to I from Joy to Joi. 
N was removed from my surname. 
From, Nmor to Mor - Joi Mor.


Awesome. Where did you grow up and How was it like?

I grew up in ASABA although I spent most of my time in boarding school in Benin, and then my university days also in Benin. Growing up was a very sweet experience for me. I used to be the very brilliant but shy type with low self esteem because my mum was very strict and did not tolerate nonsense so I was very careful with people outside. And that kind of affected my relationship with others.

Thank God it's history now. What made you study Economics in the university?

Well, Economics was always an interesting course for me. But in my SS1 people started seeing the gifts and skills in me because I used to act, sing and I was a great dancer so everyone wanted to be my friend. So that was it! I "POPPED OUT" and became an Extrovert. I couldn't have studied anything else.




A new you was unveiled. Cool (lol). Were you any time part of the church choir, some choral group or you were too shy to join one?

Ah! When it came to singing, I was never shy. I was always in one choir or the other everywhere I found my self.

Great . That's to say there's a spirit (of a worshipper) that comes upon you when it comes to singing.  After university, you could have searched for a job and work with your certificate. Why did you opt for music?

Well, I'm doing both! I got a job with with Delta State Government as a revenue officer after my Masters program. You know we need large funds for the music career.

Awesome. Yeah sure. How has managing both been for you?

Not easy! But God has been faithful to a fault.

Hallelujah. Talking about your music career now, when did you start?

I started 2011 with the release of my debut album.

How was the response you had from fans and friends then?

Funny enough, very great. They loved the album. All the songs were produced by Gospleondbeatz so you know what to expect. But the problem was that I didn't promote the album well.

Hmmm. It's never too late. What was the album titled?

You've Got Me Tripping.





Wow. You even dedicated a song to your Mum on it. It means you realized her being strict was cos she loved you (lol).

Yes! Plus the fact that she sponsored the album. With over a million. She's late now though.. and I wish she was still alive to see what her baby has become. She died in 2012 to cancer.

Ohh. Sorry about that. OK Let's talk about your recent singles.. Are they coming from a new album?

Yes! My new singles are coming from a new album. Though the album is still work in progress.

Can you just whisper what the title of the album is in my ear? (Lol).

Hahahaha. I don't have a tittle yet. 
God will reveal what he would have me do. I'm sorry.


Amen! No problems.
How do you get inspirations to write your songs? Do you just sleep and wake up with a head filled with lyrics or you walk into the studio and then.. How exactly do you get to write those powerful lyrics?

Well, my inspiration comes from God. I think of all I've been through and how God saved me. Writing just becomes easy, cos it flows from my heart.

Having been in the music industry for five years now, what are the challenges you have faced and How have you been able to get over them?

The biggest has been financial challenge. It's difficult to get labels or sponsors for a Gospel musical album or song. Especially when it comes to shooting videos, so you see lots of Gospel videos below standard. That has been the major challange. Also TV stations find it difficult to play Gospel videos or songs.

A wind of change is blowing by God's grace and we're just going to dominate. That's what God has for His children.

Amen to that! I see it already

Your single, Chim'oma was trending then you decided to give it a new feel in the latest stripped version on which you featured Johnny Drille. What was the brain behind that, should I say 'refix' or 'remix'?

Hahahaha. Well I and Johnny were just playing around with the song, so Johnny sang it with a guitar which made sense so I decided to jump on it.

Go To Download Chim'Oma (Stripped Version) ft. Johnny Drille

It's actually a great piece.

Thank you.

If you had the chance to feature one foreign and one Nigerian artist, who would they be?

Hmmm. Foreign would be Travis Greene or Tye Tribbett. Nigerian would  be Nathaniel Bassey.

Wow. Great choices.

Yes.

Growing up, you must have looked up to some artistes and say 'I wanna be like you someday'. Who are your role models?

Kirk Franklin was my number 1. The other was not a gospel artist but I really loved her singing skills, that is Beyonce.




Cool. Where do you see yourself in a couple of years? Let's say 4.

Seriously I don't know... I'm just living by God's divine arrangement. 4 years from now, I don't know if I would be on this planet..lol. But I hope to have started my own anti-cancer foundation. I hope to have healed people through my music. I hope to be married with at least a kid. I'm just hopeful and positive.

Your wishes would come through.

Amen.

Before we go, I'd like you to help encourage someone out there who is trying to become who He/She desires but is currently facing situations that make it seem like they can never achieve their goals. Especially music wise.

To people passing through challenges, especially musically. Don't give up. It's all a process. Remember for Gold to be as attractive as it looks, it was passed through the fire. The process will make you wiser, stonger and better. Trust me, you'll smile in the end and give glory to God. Keep pushing, keep writing more songs and one day, your morning will come.

Hmmm! I'm personally inspired.

I'm glad you are.

Say something to your friends, fans and all those who believe in you and your music.




Wow! What can I say but I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU all so much. Thanks for believing in me. Please don't stop praying and looking out for me. By God's grace I will not disappoint you. God bless you all.

Amen . Thank you so much for being here with us on Mit Me today. We Hope to get positive responses from you If we do have any cause to call on you in future.

My pleasure sir.

Stay tuned for more exclusive interviews...

You could also drop the name of someone you would like to MIT in the comments box. Thanks.

Stay Connected With Pricherman116 Blog
Follow us on:
Twitter/Instagram: @pricherman116
Like our facebook page: facebook.com/pricherman116.
BBM: 58DD5B5A
BBM Channel: C0012C29A
Tel: +2348107429333

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad