MIT ME: PRICHERMAN116 BLOG MEETS TOPNOTCH GOSPEL RAPPER, PROPANE | @Propane_CIA - Pricherman116.com | Nigerian / Foreign Gospel Songs | Christian Hip Hop | News | Interviews | Events

Search For Gospel Music | Lyrics | Events | News...

HOT POSTS

Post Top Ad


November 23, 2015

MIT ME: PRICHERMAN116 BLOG MEETS TOPNOTCH GOSPEL RAPPER, PROPANE | @Propane_CIA



Today, we have the honour of speaking with one of the fast rising Gospel rappers in Nigeria, Propane. Join us in the ride as we unveil all things that were previously unknown about him. Leggo...

Pricherman: Good evening and welcome to 'Mit Me' the Exclusive Interview session on Pricherman116 Blog. Can we meet you sir?

Propane: Good evening sir, it's an honour. I'm Nkwonta Obinna though fans call me Propane lol.

Pricherman: Cool. I used to know propane to be an aliphatic hydrocarbon while in secondary (lol). How did it become your own stage name?

Propane: Errm....lol. To be honest I wasn't in the sciences. I studied political science in the university of Nigeria but the idea behind the name is exploding the message of light in this dark world. Hence, the name, a city upon the hill cannot be hidden (Matt 5:14). So that's how the name came about sir.

Pricherman116: Great. Kindly Share with us your childhood and educational background.

Propane: I hail from Njikoka in Anambra, from a family of four children of which I'm number three. Grew up in Festac town in Lagos where I had my nursery and primary education in Nazareth nursery and primary school. Then from there I went on to further my education in Federal Government College Ijanikin. Then got admission to the university of Nigeria, Nsukka To study political science. Which I know was divinely orchestrated by God.

Pricherman: How did you transit from being a political scientist to a Gospel Rap Minister?

Propane: Lol. I didn't transform. I guess I'm both. But funny enough I started rapping before I became a political scientist. Thanks to my elder brother since 1996. Then he used to rap and produce but he took another line. He's now a pilot.

Pricherman: So basically, your brother was your source of inspiration. Starting to do Music, what challenges did you face?

Propane: Yeah he was. Funny he doesn't know or I guess he doesn't remember lol. Challenges I faced were much. Studio bills, mixing education and music, getting to be featured on top blogs too. But somehow, thanks to my CIA fam and God who has been bringing favours from different places my way.

Pricherman116: Hallelujah. When did you do your first single?

Propane: Hahaha. I laughed because anytime I remember it...smh. Sha it was in 2008 Titled 'Fresh and Clean' produced by a friend of mine Eclipse.



Pricherman116 Blog: Do you have any album(s) already?

Propane: I put out a mix tape in 2011 titled CYDM (Correct Ya Dirty Minds). Currently working on my EP which will be out sometime next year and mind blowing. Dropped some singles off it already. Ekwulekwu featuring my brother from another mother, Nolly. Then Royalty featuring one of the artists signed under FOCOS Dynasty, Olisa Emeka. Then the single I just released featuring D'orhnell who's also with FOCOS Dynasty Titled Ile Mi (My Home).

Pricherman116: The CIA clique is making waves across the country. How and when did you become part of the Crew?

Propane: We were all together from the beginning; University of Nigeria. We all met as God will have it and began doing cyphers. Then from there the need to take it a step further came up and in 2011 6th Nov CIA (Christ I Abide) was born. We kicked off with our first single Touchdown. God having His way, it was really appreciated all over the country. Dikky, Dabz, Nolly, Kinsu (CIA) one of the best things God brought my way. I'm thankful to Him for that.

Pricherman: Most gospel rap artistes usually face criticisms from people because it is believed that rap music is not God-like. Are you also faced with this challenge?

Propane: Well, used to be before people knew what I was about But now its more like they are trying to box me "Gospel tag". A while back I did a love song and a friend of mine pinged me and said “Propane I knew you will join them” lol. I was like so 'cause I'm a Christian I can't love? But we really gisted that day and I made him see reasons with me. God is love and whoever knows not God doesn't know jack about love.

Pricherman: Wow. Awesome.

Propane: Yessir.

Pricherman: Taking about love now... Are you in any relationship?

Propane: Hahahaha. Depends on what you mean by 'relationship' lol. I relate with a lot of people so I can say yeah I'm not just in one but a lot. Hehehe.

Pricherman: Lol I meant are you single, engaged or married?

Propane: Lol. OK I'm single sir.

Pricherman: What impact do you think your song is having on our world today?

Propane: By God's grace he's using the gift he gave me to talk to people going through stuffs which they can't come out opening to share with their parents or guardians. Things like, sex, lust, love, ills of the country, who we are in Christ, how women should be treated and how love can conquer all. A lot of things which I can't say all. Because trust me, people are going through a lot in this world which have to be addressed so as to avoid mistakes.

Pricherman: Where do you see yourself in the nearest future?

Propane: In Nigeria, bringing change. Sponsoring students that can't pay fees or afford shelter over their heads. Also pushing younger artists with gifts. Just like of late I like how the artists under FOCOS dynasty (UK, D'orhnell, Olisa Emeka, BombC) are pushing so helping people like that is what I will be doing. CIA, we're about love.

Pricherman: Do you have it in mind to venture into politics in future?

Propane: Lol. Probably. Appointment. Sharing God's wisdom with my father land. Nigeria needs Godly leaders.




Pricherman: Definitely. It's obvious you're so much interested in the youth. The average Nigerian youth cries fowl when there is none. Everyone blames the government for lack of jobs, a good life and so on. What advice would you give to every young person out there?

Propane: My advice for the youth is: Love God, Love your neighbour and love yourselves.

Pricherman: Who are your role models?

Propane: My mum, Andy Mineo, Lecrae, Rooftop mcs, Da Truth, Swoope and many others.

Pricherman: Lastly, what would you like to say to everyone out there who has believed in you and are helping you grow right now?

Propane: I wanna really appreciate my family, CIA, the fans, Pricherman116 blog, Praiseworldradio, Kingdomboiz, Yadamag, Gospotainment, IGtunes, and many other bloggers for their support so far. I really love y'all. Like seriously I do. If God didn't give me you I wouldn't have gotten this far. Wanna appreciate Singkelie also, that dude believed me and allowed me work in his studio when no one believed in me back in the days. He has a new single titled I Di Egwu. Y'all check it out on Pricherman116 Blog where it appeared first. Thank you sir for the privilege of this interview. I appreciate it sir.

Pricherman: Thanks for your time. We celebrate the grace of God upon you and hope that you'll be willing to answer us if need be we call on you in future?

Propane: Sure boss, anytime. You be family nah lol.

Stay tuned for more exclusive interviews right here on your favorite Gospel blog. You can also drop your comments, reviews and who you might want us to interview next.

Stay Connected With Pricherman116 Blog
Follow us on:
Twitter: @pricherman116
Instagram: @pricherman116
Like our facebook page: facebook.com/pricherman116.
BBM: 58DD5B5A
Tel: +2348107429333

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad