"I don't operate with the economy of the world for it's limited" - A'dam | @adamtwita - Pricherman116.com | Nigerian / Foreign Gospel Songs | Christian Hip Hop | News | Interviews | Events

Search For Gospel Music | Lyrics | Events | News...

HOT POSTS

Post Top Ad


June 20, 2016

"I don't operate with the economy of the world for it's limited" - A'dam | @adamtwita


Pricherman: Good day and welcome to 'Mit Me'; Pricherman116 Blog's Exclusive interview session. I'm your host, Boluwaji. Let's meet you sir.

A'dam: Okay.. I'm A'DAM (acronym for Aluko Damilola). I'm a Singer-songwriter and artiste from Ilesha, Osun state and proudly Nigerian.

Pricherman: Welcome on board sir. We're glad to have you here. Kindly share with us How growing up was like for you...

A'dam: Well.. I grew up in an extended family with my grandparents, aunties and uncles. I was the smallest in the house and wasn't allowed to go out much. I spent most of my time reading, watching cartoons, doing chores and drawing comics. I was taught a lot of discipline and was made to behave and think like a grown up... (smiles) 

I just stumbled on one of my primary school results.

Pricherman: (smiles...) You've been a brilliant chap from childhood. What did you study in the university?

A'dam: (smiles). I studied computer science. First in Federal Poly Offa and then LASU (Lagos State University).

Pricherman: Wow... So, how did an engineer become A'dam the music minister?

A'dam: Music came to me from childhood and I grew to understand how to put words and melody together. But computer science for me happened only within the space of years I studied in school.

Pricherman: Hmmm. What genre on music do you do?

A'dam: My music genre is quite broad cos I love a cocktail of different styles in one piece.

Pricherman: Hmm. When did you start music professionally?

A'dam: 2010

Pricherman: Were there any kind of challenges you faced while starting up? How did you overcome them?


A'dam: Oh sure.. Many but challenges are good cos they helped me grow and learn how not to do certain things. I overcame them simply by refusing to quit and trusting in God the lifter of men. It's hard to keep moving after you put in so much work, service, finance and creativity into your work and at d end have nothing to show for it. It takes grace and resilience to overcome.

Pricherman: How many tracks have you released till date?

A'dam: Three (3). Mujojo ft Midnight crew, Fire on My Tongue and Face 2 Face released under SPAGHETTI RECORDS' management.

Pricherman: How did you get signed to Spaghetti Records?

A'dam: Time and Chance I'd say.

Pricherman: And how has it been, being an artiste on the record label?

A'dam: It's been amazing.. Being at SPAGHETTI RECORDS is like being face to face with purpose. We're like a family. I'm grateful to God.

Pricherman: Do you have any project(s) you're working on as we speak? Probably an album, a new track or something?

A'dam: I'll be dropping a new single (audio & video) titled HELLO HELLO featuring MoniQue.

A'dam: Also we're working on my Debut album coming out soon.

Pricherman: Wow. The world waiting on that already I trust. Let's take a closer look into your personal life now. Are you married or in a relationship?

A'dam: I'm single.

Pricherman: Are you seeing someone already? (laughs) I know you celebs always don't want to talk about that...

A'dam: I'm single.

Pricherman: (smiles) Okay. When you're not doing music, what else do you do. Something that can always fill the space of not doing music?

A'dam: Graphics design, Reading, watching movies or playing FIFA 👍.

Pricherman: Growing you as a kid, who were your role models in the music industry?

A'dam: Because I grew up among older folks, I had to listen to anything they played in d house like, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Fela, Bob Marley, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. My favorite was Michael Jackson though.

Pricherman: Where do you see the Nigerian Gospel music industry in the nearest future; let's say 10 years from now?

A'dam: We were not here 10yrs ago and I know we'll be far ahead in 10yrs time.. Growth is constant.

Pricherman: The Nigerian economy is currently not doing very fine. Does this affect your music ministry in anyway way? If yes, how?

A'dam: It may affect other people but I don't operate with the economy of the world for it's limited. I'm in service to God, he meets my needs according to His riches and not according to d economy.

Pricherman: Hmmmm. Word! We believe a couple of people reading this either want to be a minister like you or they just want to be a Gospel music minister and they're finding it difficult probably because they believe Gospel artistes don't 'blow' big time or they're just scared to take a step of faith and go into the music ministry. What's your advice for such people?

A'dam: (smiles) My advice is that they should seek the face of God and find out what the purpose of God is for their lives. No one can succeed in life and ministry without discovering what they're created or wired for.

Pricherman: That's true purpose needs to be found... To be candid, we have an habit of being reluctant to pay for good music either Gospel or otherwise. Yet music ministers try their best to produce songs with Tue best quality and shoot videos that would go viral. How do you people cope? And how do you think the situation could be positively changed?

A'dam: Like you said already.. Some people are reluctant to pay for excellence. I think it makes a lot of sense for artistes and Artiste managers to understand the business of music properly. You can not make reasonable profit if you're unwilling to invest wisely.


Pricherman: Absolutely true! You've been feeding us both spiritual and moral balanced diets since you came on board. Thanks for that. We celebrate you. Before you go, we'd like to know, how people at home reading this could connect with you on social media and in case they've still got more questions to ask you or probably, they want you to come around their church to bless them in songs...

A'dam: Here are my social handles:
Facebook : A'dam Songbird 
Facebook fanpage: A'dam
Twitter : @adamtwita 
Instagram : @adam.spaghetti

Pricherman: Great. Thanks for being here on 'Mit Me' today sir. We celebrate God's grace upon you. We also hope you'd give us the opportunity again if we do call on you...

A'dam: Sure. Thank you and God bless


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad