"We Are All Stewards. We Only Answer To God NOT What People Say! - Kelar Thrillz Affirms On 'Mit Me' - Pricherman116.com | Nigerian / Foreign Gospel Songs | Christian Hip Hop | News | Interviews | Events

Search For Gospel Music | Lyrics | Events | News...

HOT POSTS

Post Top Ad


June 14, 2016

"We Are All Stewards. We Only Answer To God NOT What People Say! - Kelar Thrillz Affirms On 'Mit Me'


Today on 'Mit Me', we had the honour of interviewing one of the fastest growing Gospel acts in this century. He is a dancer and rap minister. Come on board as our guest helps us to surf his world... 

Pricherman: Good day and welcome to Pricherman116 Blog's exclusive interview session. We tag this session 'Mit Me' and we're so glad to have you here. What's your name and what do you do?

Kellar Thrillz: My name is Kingsley Orji, aka KELAR THRILLZ. I'm a rapper, singer and  Choreographer.

Pricherman: Where do you hail from?
How was growing up for you?

Kellar Thrillz: I hail from Olru local government in IMO state. Growing up for me was quite rough, lost my dad at an early age, had to struggle to complete my secondary school education, I became independent and enterprising, I had so much freedom growing up in the Ghetto streets of Lagos, with serious peer pressure, rejection, and discouragement! So in summary its been progressive!

Pricherman: How did you start doing music?

Kellar Thrillz: I started out as a dancer even tho I could sing and rap, but for the most times me and my dance family @defixfamily worked with different musical artists as back up dancers, and this helped me really connect and develop that musical part of me! Also helped me define my style and calling!

Pricherman: Talking about music now, you do rap, Gospel right?

Kellar Thrillz: Sure, I'm a Christian and I rap.

Pricherman: Christian Rap? Could the Gospel truly be spread through rap?

Kellar Thrillz: By all means YES... As much as it could be spread through diverse tribe and tongues! You know, rap (hip hop) is the music for the youths i.e its what they listen to mostly and it has a strong influence on them! So skillfully putting the gospel into that medium (Hip hop or rap) would be like bringing the gospel closer to the heart beat of every youth out there and hip hop lovers at large!


Pricherman: Truly, youths love hip hop but it's still got some complications in the church. Some 'Christians' still believe rap is evil and therefore do not accept it. How do you cope with this as a rapper?

Kellar Thrillz: You're right about the complications, but personally I don't let it get to me...! Basically, Our music is not for the church alone, its for the whole world. We've been given a command to go into the world not the church, so if this is the language these people understand then I'm privileged to be using it for a good course! It's not the act of rapping that should be termed as evil, its the contents i.e the lyrics! So for me, I don't let it bother me much! Spreading the gospel is my priority!



Pricherman: What projects are you working up presently?

Kellar Thrillz: Working on a lot at the moment, writing, recording and working!

Pricherman: If you had the opportunity to feature one foreign artiste on your next project, who would you choose?

Kellar Thrillz: I'll love to feature Lecrae! I'm sure you guessed right lol.

Pricherman: Lol. Okay cool. Are you signed to any record label yet?

Kellar Thrillz: No am not signed yet.

Pricherman: Alright. What would you say to people out there who have discovered their God given talent as rappers and want to use it for his Glory but are scared cos the church might not accept 'rap'?

Kellar Thrillz: My word to such people is "we are all stewards, we only answer to God NOT what the people say! Its not your fault that some people don't accept it.. Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ wasn't accepted too when he was here in the flesh, they even had strife with him inside the synagogue! (Study and meditate on Psalm 1:1-3). Study God's word daily and keep working in His Light , build a relationship with the Holy Spirit and develop your Skills to the Fullest!
Thanks

Pricherman: Wooow. Awezome! Thanks for your time on here sir. We celebrate God's grace upon you and hope you'd yield to our calls whenever we call you in the nearest future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad